TARGET AUDIENCE: Marketing and communications executives, teams and professionals in organizations or agencies
PREREQUISITES: Diploma, training and/or practical experience in marketing/communication
Communications & Cultural Intelligence intends to raise participants’ awareness of the impact of cultural differences in marketing. It endeavours to equip them to communicate more effectively in the context of diverse cultures – particularly in the development of campaigns aimed at foreign markets.
This course is based on the Western communication model. It examines the impact of cultural diversity on the SENDER (communicator/advertiser), the MESSAGE (“speaking the language” of the audience), the MEDIUM (choice of media) and the RECEIVER (consumer/audience/stakeholder).
Chapter 1 | Exploring the SENDER
- Defining culture
- Values and culture
- Cultural expressions
Chapter 2 | Exploring the MESSAGE
- Styles of advertising
- Manifestations of culture
- Culture and communication
Chapter 3 | Exploring the MEDIUM
- Media planning
- Media landscape
- Public relations
- Viral marketing
- Social media
Chapter 4 | Exploring the RECEIVER
- Culture and consumer behaviour
- Culture and key messages
- Advertising forms
- De Mooij, Marieke, Global Marketing & Advertising; Understanding Cultural Paradoxes – 5th Edition, SAGE Publishing, 2019.
- Livermore, David; Expand your borders; Discover 10 cultural clusters; Cultural Intelligence Center, 2013
1 For groups within organizations, ACCULTURA’s CQ-certified trainers can deliver this course in person at the client organization’s location*. For more details and a quote, contact us today.
* Restrictions may apply depending on the organization’s location (city, country).